Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not-my-style Valentines



Today I'm posting two valentine cards that aren't really my style - they are based on colour schemes that I don't gravitate to but some people I know really like. I think it's of value to create at times with recipient in mind:) That being said - while they may not be totally my style there are certainly elements of me in each of them.

The colours in the first were inspired by the marina mist satin ribbon on my craft desk that hasn't been used alot. I laid a piece on a sheet of the springtime vintage paper and that's where the green/blue/vanilla colour scheme was born. Ribbons & bows are definitely me...as is that little *love* tag:)

For the second card, so many of my friends *love* purple so I sat down with some razzleberry paper & ribbon and my dsp hostess pad with all the in colors and picked the pear pizzaz to *pear* it with (no pun intented;) I pulled out my scallop envelope die for the big shot because I haven't used it in a while and made the little hearts from my 3 heart punch spill out. I love those hearts:) ...which is probably why I used the i {heart} hearts stampset on both cards.

Both of these cards were pretty quick and simple & here are the supplies (all SU) if you want to make them yourself:
Cardstock - Pear pizzaz, very vanilla, razzleberry
DSP - Vintage sprintime, in color designer series hostess I pack
Stamps - i {heart} hearts; tiny tags
Ribbon - marina mist satin, rich razzleberry grosgrain (the dotted version was in last year's catalog but there is an undotted version in the current catty and if you love the dots check out my website as there were still some colours of it available on the clearance rack last time I looked;)

No comments: