Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Happy Birthday Les!

Today is my amazing husband's birthday! He is working evenings all week, so we started our celebrating on the weekend. We are about mid-way through Les' birthday celebration week now!

On Friday night we went out for a wonderful supper at The Granary. Afterward we went for a drive in the country under the stars before settling in at home to watch a movie by candle-light. On Saturday we got the rare opportunity to do some shopping, just us two, and this was followed by sharing ice cream sundaes even! On Sunday morning our family had chocolate chip pancakes at Les' request and Amanda got to shower her dad with birthday wishes. Later in the day we headed over to Les' parents for a family birthday supper. Last night I tried to make things special for Les again when he got home late from work, and today we are meeting for lunch as he has to leave for work as soon as I get home from work (not only today but all this week). He's going to take the other half of the the chocolate peanut butter cheesecake I made him for his birthday to work tonight so he can celebrate there again and share it with his co-workers, but it won't end there, this weekend we will have another family dinner for Les with my folks and my brother.

Les is an amazing man and deserves all this attention and much more. He is loving and intelligent, strong and sensitive, creative and practical. He is a good father and a good son. He is a great husband and is my best friend...and he continues to capture my heart everyday!

Happy birthday Les! I love you more than words could say!

______________

In honour of Les' birthday, I thought I'd post a few of Les' favourite things (in no particular order)....

- guitars (Gibson guitars in particular...and more specifically the Les Paul)
- skies
- turtles (the chocolates)
- making music
- holding my hand (I think:)
- the colours orange and burgundy
- our home
- worship (especially with Robin Mark)
- peanut butter and jelly sandwiches
- our living dolly
- cranking his Marshall
- bowling shirts
- Porche test driving
- spending time together
- Celtic music
- making people laugh/smile

This list is nowhere near complete. It's just a few of the things that I thought of when I thought of Les today:)

No comments: