Thursday, November 25, 2004

No hockey:(

Not only has the lock-out meant no hockey night in Canada each week, but it seems to have crept into the festive spirit at Tim Hortons this year. As I went through the drive-thru to get my tea on the way to work this morning, I received my first festive take-out cup of the season. Usually Tim's cups this time of year depict a Canadian winter scene of children playing hockey (on a frozen pond last year or in a rink in years gone past...) This year the festive cup is orange (orange? is that a festive colour? not saying it's not a lovely shade, but not exactly festive...) with some snowflakes and handwritten words about friendship randomly brokaid on the cup in a slightly darker shade. What's up with that?! I miss the kids playing hockey:( (Side note to the NHL-PA: would a salary cap really be so bad?)

No comments: