Sunday, January 09, 2005

Worship

This morning in Church, Pastor Dean asked us to think about what our answers would be to these 3 questions:

1. What makes you happy?
2. Make makes you content?
3. What makes you feel fulfilled?

My answer to all three questions was the same thing, I was holding his hand and his other arm was around me. How thankful I am to God for him! For a moment I worried though...should that be my answer...I mean, shouldn't my answer be God? Well it is God, in the biggest, fullest sense.... For how many years did I sit in Church each weekend and He was the One who's hand I held and who's arms were around me?! And now for over two years I have been married to the one He brought to me to put flesh on His love in many ways and teach me more and deeper things about His love. It is indescribable! Today, Church was about worship, and if you know me, you know I LOVE worship...especially singing my heart out to God. But I think I realized today in my answers to the 3 questions, that I worship God another way everyday by loving my husband. I wish I could do it perfectly, I wish I could do more... Dean said that when you live your life in a way that fulfills the purpose that God created you for, that's worship. We were made to worship God. Oh Lord, may you be glorified by all that I do and redeem anything in my life that does not glorify You. Thank You for my adoring, strong and handsome husband. Thank You for Your love through him. Please help me to be the wife You desire for me to be for him. Thank You for our precious daughter. May we raise her to grow in love for You. Help me to be the mommy You mean for me to be. I love You:)

No comments: