Monday, May 03, 2004

Last night Les & I got back from our romantic get-a-way to Edmonton. It was the first time that the two of us ever went anywhere together! (Amanda had a mini get-a-way of her own at Grandma's this weekend.) Thanks to some Aeroplan points, Les & I stayed at a Best Western Inn near West Ed Mall for three nights in a jacuzzi suite! It was awesome!! I had never soaked in a jacuzzi before... I felt like a princess! 3 whole days and 3 whole nights where I didn't cook or clean or do laundry...wow! The best part was just being with Les!! :) Les was totally won over by the hotel before we even checked in because there turned out to be a Porsche dealership across the street. Every night we'd look in to tuck the Porsche's in for the night. Les now even has his own personal sales contact...and I made sure that we both got a chance to sit inside this gorgeous red 98 Boxster convertible. We did a bit of shopping too...IKEA, of couse, was a highlight along with Edmonton's Long & McQuade...saw some beautiful accoustics (it's interesting, you would think the Gibson Hummingbird or Dove, which are higher priced than the Songbird, would sound better than it, but they don't)...got to hear the differences between a Martin, Taylor, Ovation and Gibson... We also shopped at some outlet malls and, of course, hit the big mall - West Ed. West Ed wasn't as much of an attraction as the others. We had several yummy meals out...we found Edmonton's White Spot, which was just as good as B.C.'s...we had a wonderful meal at the Olive Garden one night too! One evening we went to the IMAX and saw the NASCAR experience (in 3D even!)...pretty neat! We had a nice drive there and back, great weather, great tunes and even got to see my sister for a bit on our way through Lloydminister on the way home. It was a great time away, and hard for me to come back...I just wanted it to last... But it is good to be home too...our home is warm and filled with much love and many memories already...anywhere that I am with Les is where I want to be! AND our Amanda just got home from school a bit ago, so I've been hugging on her lots... Les is already off to work this afternoon, and I'm back at it tomorrow, but it sure was wonderful to press pause on that for just a few days! :)

No comments: