Monday, May 31, 2004

What a busy weekend!

First off, it was my Dad's birthday, and it wasn't looking like any of the times that we had available to get together would work...but something ended up working out on Saturday evening after Church, so that was very happy:) We gave Dad a pedometer and a shirt...and I think he really liked it. The idea of the pedometer came to us because he walks so much and is always telling us how many laps he did that day at the field house. There'll be no stopping him now - he can now measure how many steps, miles and calories he's done each day! My Dad made me feel very special at the end of our visit when he hugged me as he always does. I do remember a time when I was always the first to reach for the hug and where they weren't so freely returned (just cause hugging wasn't a comfortable thing from my family's point of view). How wonderful it feels to have him reach for me! ...and even more, he had some words that encouraged me and made me feel lovely:)

We also did alot of house-work and yard-work this weekend. My tomatoes are now planted! And actually, everything I've planted is looking so good (so far)! Amanda had a sleepover at Grandma's this weekend, so I even found some time for some crafting. I haven't done that since before I was married. I made a wreath for our front door and prettied up our mailbox with an ivy finish. It felt so good to do that, and I think it all looks a little warmer:)

No comments: