Thursday, October 21, 2004

Come Be with Me

This song is swirling through my head today. It's full of meaning for me...from a time of hurting and waiting, to a time of fulfillment. Last night during worship, I went to the spot at the altar...the spot where I poured out so much hurt again and again years ago...the spot where I prayed so many prayers...and the very spot where just 2 1/2 years ago I knelt with Les in the darkened sanctuary the first time I told him I loved him. Old hurts be gone, waiting over, prayers answered...I thanked God for His amazing love and treasured up in my heart God's man, my Les. Face streaming with tears, I opened my eyes and saw the pastor's Bible open under my arms, I turned it around and my eyes fell on the very passage in Ephesians 3 that God gave me just before Les entered my life....


For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom his whole family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches
he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being
rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge--that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
(v.14-19)

...and then the verse that He gave us both as we came together despite all barriers...

Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more
than all we ask or imagine
, according to
his power that is at work within us,
to him be glory in the church and in
Christ Jesus throughout all generations,
for ever and ever! Amen.
(v.20-21)


Come Be with Me
Written by Amy Grant, Co-written by Beth Nielsen Chapman

Baby this life can break your heart
Everyone hurts to some degree
So while this world is falling apart
Why don't you come be with me?

Don't you know that life can be so cold
When you're without the one you need
How much longer do I have to go?
Waiting for you, come be with me

Love can be so simple when you let it flow
Keep it in your head, feel it in your heart
Send it through your soul

Look up at the stars burning bright
Listen to the wind whisper sweet
Heaven and earth know the moment is right
Why don't you come be with me?

(Repeat Refrain)

Look up at the stars burning bright
Listen to the wind whisper sweet
Heaven and earth know the moment is right
Why don't you come be with me?

Heaven and earth know the moment is right
Why don't you come be with me?

No comments: