Sunday, October 17, 2004

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....


I know, you probably don't get it...why am I singing?! ...because it's snowing!...the first fluffy soft snow of the year! And while that will mean shoveling (in the not too distant future...later this morning in fact), I can't help but be excited... I love snow, expecially the first snow of the year. I love how it feels and how it crunches! I love how it looks at night...everything twinkles! Winter has always been my favourite season (despite the odd -40 degree day). I love snowflakes on my cheeks, snowangels on my lawn... I love snow covered branches, snow cornered windows... I love how cozy it feels inside, sipping a hot cup of sumpin' (tea, cocoa...)! So this morning I'm singing, enjoying a caramilk coffee and eating warm oatmeal, homemade with cinnamon, raisens and brown sugar. There's nothing like hot oatmeal to warm you inside and out! I've got bread in the oven and will serve it with homemade soup for lunch when Les gets home. I think I'll throw some chicken in the oven for supper, but for now, I'm going to head out and play...er, I mean shovel...well, maybe play a bit. I think my scarecrow needs his own snowflake to hold and our lawn...er, snowbank, needs an angel!

Come on, get in the spirit....

...let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!! :)

Lord, thank you for the beautiful snow, please open our hearts to enjoy it and find You in it, and please keep all those traveling and those driving around today safe (and patient) on the roads. In Jesus name I pray, Amen.


No comments: