Thursday, October 14, 2004

Now there's a place I haven't been to in a while...

...Dutch Growers (
http://www.dutchgrowers.ca/)... The other day my friend, Alana, was able to pop by there, and now I have a hankering to go and linger there a bit, maybe share some tea...so it's official, on Saturday my friend Arliee and I are taking our girlies there before we head to church so they can explore the pumpkin patch...



I love to browse around places like Dutch Growers and look at the plants and flowers, home decorations, Christmas decorations, etc... (I do miss the crafts though...they used to have a wonderful craft supply section...) They even have a bistro, and it's painted so beautifully...just a wonderful environment to be in!

If I were to ever have a store of my own it would be a craft store/book store/tea and latte spot. Remember the feeling of walking into the old Willow Wisp store (the one that was in the old Johnny Appleseed location)? I'd love an old fashioned two story location with a big front porch. When you walk in you smell grandma's kitchen. There are cozy places to sit and nestle in among the crafts with books on crafty shelves throughout. You can sip your cider, tea or latte as you look...all cups have saucers and there are safe places to set them down as you look. Music is playing in the background...sometimes it's folky like Carolyn Arends, other times it's celtic-y, and other times it's my favourite Bach string concertos. You feel welcome to linger, taking it all in...go ahead and find a spot and sit down and read to your heart's content (afterall, if it's a dream, we don't need you to purchase the book to keep our doors open...) This sounds like a place where I'd like to be...but coffee break is now over, so it's back to being an accountant for me!

No comments: