Thursday, March 02, 2006


Today I learned some sad-sad news about a co-worker of mine. His wife, who was his world, passed away. Please join me in praying for him and their two small children in the days ahead. There are no words for times like these. Father, hold them, carry them...

Thirteen Things I'm Thankful For...

1. God's love, grace and mercy. That He thinks about me at all and that He listens when I (we) pray.
2. The husband God gave me...the man that he is, his love...I could not ask for more. He is the best part of me.
3. My living doll of a daughter, so darling.
4. The friends God has put in my life who have been there for me, always encouraging and praying.
5. Our extended family...that we can live in the same city and see each other regularly...and that our daughter has both sets of grandparents around loving her (even if it borders on spoiling some days;)
6. That I can work...even though there are days where it's a struggle to do what I do...it's a blessing that I can work and that God has enabled me to have a 60% time job.
7. My health, my husband's health and my daughter's...something to never take for granted.
8. Creation's call (whether it be the blanket of snow that fell this week and how it twinkles or the living sky around me..."endless blue horizon's frame")
9. Music in me and around me...whether it be my husband strumming the guitar or my heart singing, I'm thankful that God gave us song.
10. Our home...that there is a place that is more than four walls and a ceiling where we can build a house of love.
11. Hugs and kisses...and more of the same.
12. That I have a soft place to fall when I need it.
13. That I get to share some time with my hubby at Starbucks tonight while my daughter dances.

Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
Daisy, Denise, Dawn
Leesa (I love that spelling, don't you?!), Virenda, Ann, Yellow Rose, Chickadee



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



6 comments:

Lazy Daisy said...

Lovely list. Thanks for coming by this morning and lovely comment you left me...it made my day so far!

Denise said...

Oh, no! That's horrible!

Beautiful list! Thanks for stopping by my 13.

Denise

Leesa said...

Beautiful list :)

Virenda said...

I desperately want to spend some alone time with hubby at Starbucks, in fact I was begging him not more than 30 minutes ago. I hope you have a nice time...


Soft place to fall is so much more important then I think people give it credit. I'm glad you have a place to fall.

YellowRose said...

A lovely list, and a great reminder for what we all should be thankful for in our own lives.

Happy Thursday!

Anonymous said...

I too, am grateful for my hubby. I know I'm not the easiest person to live with when I'm depressed.

I think a lot of people overlook the beauty that God grants to us in the outdoors...the snow, a flower, the birds etc. Sometimes I feel closest to God when I'm outside.

Thanks for visiting my 13.