Thursday, March 09, 2006

Image hosting by Photobucket
Thirteen (er, um, I mean Three) Things that made me laugh this week...

...sorry for the short list today folks...things have been spinning too fast of late! Back to the list though...things that have made me laugh this week:

1. Mr. Clean - no, I don't mean the white haired fella from the cleaning commercials...Mr. Clean is our affectionate nickname for our neighbour across the street who is meticulous about how he keeps things! Mr. Clean is actually a very good kind of neighbour to have, but this week he had us all scratching our heads... You see, earlier this week we got another BIG dump of snow, so it was no surprise to see him out with his snow-blower, shovel and ice pick that night. He always clears his driveway right down to the pavement, but when I came home from work the next day to see him out there with a pail and mop washing his drive-way, I about split a gut. Now, if you're not from around here, you need to realize that we have snowbanks that are taller than me in our front yard right now and that on the particular day in question it had warmed up a bit and so there was a bit of snow melt that had melted onto the streets which had been sanded by the city to help make them less icy, so when I got home it was impossible to even drive without spraying up a bit of muck with your tires...you know, the sort of day when it is impossible to even keep your car clean...and here I turn the corner and there is Mr. Clean out mopping his drive-way?! Quite a picture:) ...and did I mention, it snowed again later that night?!

2. This morning my husband, who has the day off, entered the kitchen for breakfast with a pair of sweats and a t-shirt on...which was not unusual morning attire on a day where he plans to do a workout; however, having his shirt tucked into the sweats and the sweats pulled up quite high on his waist was. When I commented on his most-fetching outfit, he commented that he was inspired by seeing Barishnakov on TV with me the other night...and then he proceeded to balletically leap around the kitchen:)

3. Lately there have been several times when I have come to work and someone is in my parking spot. My name is supposed to be on my parking spot to reduce the chance of this, but my employer hasn't gotten around to this yet... Well, anyway, yesterday I couldn't find any alternate parking in our lot, so I had to go out to the street and basically park on a snowbank. I was very careful when parking to make sure I would later be able to get out of the spot without getting stuck and I parked in a spot where no one could park behind me because of a driveway. However, at the end of the day when I went to leave work, someone HAD parked behind me, and I ended up getting stuck trying to pull out of the snowbank. At supper, I expressed my frustration to my husband who came up with a very practical solution... I need a pilon?! Yes, that's right, my very own pilon! Then, when I leave my parking spot at work, I need to place this pilon in my spot thus ensuring that people know this spot is reserved for me. Les even suggested that in addition to my name that the pilon specify my degree, designation, title and other pertinent information so people KNOW not to mess with my spot! Too cute:)

So since this list only contains 3...why don't you fill in the other 10...leave me a comment about something that made YOU laugh this week!

Oh, and credit for the banner above goes to Denise...isn't it lovely?! :)

If you leave me a comment, I'll link you below:
(list of other TT's)

5 comments:

YellowRose said...

Ugh parking is always a nightmare!! I love the idea of the pilon!

As for hubby pirouetting across the kitchen! Too funny!!

Happy Thursday! Thanks for visiting my 13!

Denise said...

LMAO at Mr. Clean and your balleting husband! I wish my husband had a sense of humor!

Anonymous said...

Sometimes my hubby will wear weird combos of things around the house. And I would have laughed outloud if I saw my neighbor mopping his driveway. LOL.

Thanks for visiting my 13.

Anonymous said...

Great list, I can't think of anything that has made me laugh this week. But last summer before I went to bed I took a rubber band and put it around the kitchen sink sprayer and postioned it so when my hubby would rinse his cup out like it does every night it would spray him in the chest. He woke me up at 3am with a soaking wet shirt telling me he was going to get me back.

My TT is up.

Lazy Daisy said...

I'm glad that you have things and people in your life to bring you laughter. Thanks for your kind comments and your visit.