Tuesday, December 07, 2004

I think I need to get out more...

Last night I went to the women's Christmas event at our Church with my longest-living-friend, Caroline. My friend and sister-at-heart, Alana, reserved a whole table, and we had so much fun! It's been a long time since I was out with 'the girls'...and I think I need to do that more often. Alana has often told me that it's good for our families when we go out because then 'they appreciate us more afterward'. Well, there was evidence of that when I got home last night...

In my absense, Les took Amanda to dance class and out for supper afterward. I made one small request of them before I left. I asked Les if he would please make their lunches for today. And I have an awesome husband (a cute one too!), so, of course, that was handled by the time I got home. He made Amanda's lunch and actually managed to get her to help fetch a few things for it (how'd he get her to do that without complaint?!) For his own lunch he packed an apple, a granola bar and said he'd buy the rest of his lunch at the caffeteria at work (which is fine with me, he deserves a treat once in a while too). Then he commented to me that 'it's a lot of work making lunches every night'. He seemed surprised at how long it takes. He also mentioned that Amanda even commented while having her bedtime snack that that was a lot of work?! (A lot of work, eh? try doing it every night after you've worked all day, made supper and cleaned-up the lion's share of the kitchen mess... I am not complaining... I lovingly choose to do these things for my family everyday because I adore them, but it did my heart some good hear that they understand now just a little bit more of what goes into all of that... It's nice to be appreciated:) I think I need to get out more...

No comments: