Monday, September 19, 2005

Weekend Update

Friday was the third anniversary of the day my amazing husband proposed to me! :) And so we got a sitter and had a date-night to celebrate! Les took me to see the premiere of Just Like Heaven followed by macchiato's at Starbucks and book-browsing at McNally's...an awesome date-night if I do say so myself!! When I saw the previews for the movie, I was a little unsure about whether I wanted to see it. On the one hand, it was a romantic comedy (my favourite type of show!), but on the other hand, the previews seemed to suggest it somehow dealt with the issue of the afterlife in a way that I may possibly object to. As it was the premiere showing, there was no way for me to check out what others thought, so we just gave it a shot and went to the movie. And I'd have to say that it was one of the best movies I've seen in a while! It wasn't a typical, predictable story, it had some interesting twists and turns. And in the end, yes, I was in tears (as is often the case with a good love story...*sigh*) You can check out Carolyn Arends' review of the movie here if you're interested.

Saturday, we had Amanda's friend, Steph, over for a play-date and supper and then we all headed off to Church for the carnival. Amanda and her friend had a blast!

Then on Sunday we went to my inlaws for lunch and then out to Bridge City Speedway to see this year's championship races! It's been a long time since Les had a weekend off like this and we were able to do so much together...I loved it!

No comments: