Sunday, April 04, 2004

Happy 'Palm' Sunday

Isaiah 49:15-16 are verses that first touched me at a retreat at my school when I was about 15 years old, and the image of being engraved in the 'palm' of Jesus' hand has remained with me ever since. I was just thinking of that in light of 'Palm' Sunday. I know that they a different kinds of palms (branches and hands), but I can't help but think of Jesus' palms today...which would in one week be pierced for me... Just the thought of it brings my heart to such a place of worship, and isn't that a big part of what 'Palm' Sunday is about?!

"Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget, I will not forget you!
See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
your walls are ever before me."
Isa 40:15-16

No comments: