Wednesday, April 14, 2004


My husband brought me a dozen red roses yesterday! I LOVE roses! (and I LOVE my husband WAY beyond that!) For some reason roses make my heart dance:) ...and they last forever, you know...because I dry every one. What a loving, thoughtful and romantic man I'm married to!

It's interesting the things that make us feel loved. Gary Chapman says there are five main love languages: touch, affirmation, acts of service, time and gifts. I think I like them all, but my main languages are touch and affirmation (and roses!). I have a hard time asking for (and sometimes receiving) what I want/need, so it just makes my heart burst when Les notices on his own and reaches out to me. Today I'm treasuring up in my heart some of the sweetest things he does:

- holding me often and tightly, especially after a long/stressful day (I've had a few of those lately)
- cards and notes...I hold onto them forever...I still remember what he wrote in my first Mother's Day card last year:)
- coming up behind me and hugging me while I'm cooking supper
- holding my hand whenever we sit together, or walk, or drive:)
- telling me 'why' (why he loves me and what he sees in me)
- writing music for me...the 'princess bride' song
- reading and praying through 'The Power of a Praying Husband'
- romantic movies, walks, dates... (even if we don't get the chance as often as we'd like)
- all the 'I love you's' (love to the 10th power!)

...and there are so many more things! Les has such a great heart. He is a strong, creative and faith-filled man. He has a great sense of humour. He is loving and affectionate, and oh so much more! ...and I am...blessed! ...I could not ask for more:)

Lying here with you
Listenin' to the rain
Smilin' just to see
The smile upon your face

These are the moments
I thank God that I'm alive
These are the moments I'll remember all my life
I've found all I've waited for
And I could not ask for more

Looking in your eyes
Seein' all I need
Everything you are
Is everything in me

These are the moments
I know heaven must exist
These are the moments
I know all I need is this
I've found all I've waited for, yeah
And I could not ask for more

I could not ask for more than this time together
Could not ask for more than this time with you
And every prayer has been answered,
Every dream I've had's come true.
Yeah, right here in this moment,
Is right where I'm meant to be,
Here with you, Here with me ... yeah yeah

No I could not ask for more than this love you gave me,
Cause it's all I've waited for,
And I could not ask for more.

No I could not ask for more

(Lyrics by Edwin McCain)

No comments: