Sunday, April 18, 2004

Green & Blue

In a seminar the other day, Les did the True Colors Personality Test. It was fun to go over his results when he came home that night. My small group did True Colors a few years ago. My FUN/Orange friend, Tami, had used True Colors before in the workplace, and so she facilitated our group. I always enjoy these sort of things...I like getting to understand other people better. You can find a True Colors quiz here.

Les is GREEN

"I am conceptual. I have an investigative mind, intrigued by questions like, "Which came first, the chicken or the egg?" I am an independent thinker, a natural nonconformist, and live life by my own standards.
I like to do things that require vision, problem solving, strategy, ingenuity, design, and change. Once I have perfected an idea, I prefer to move on to a new challenge.
I value knowledge, intelligence, insight, and justice. I enjoy relationships with shared interests. I prefer to let my head rule my heart. I am cool, calm, and collected. I do not express my emotions easily."


I, on the other hand, am BLUE (Tami always says, "You're SO blue!")

"I am compassionate. I am always encouraging and supporting. I am a peacemaker, sensitive to the needs of others. I am a natural romantic.
I like to do things that require caring, counseling, nurturing, and harmonizing. I have a strong desire to contribute and to help others lead more significant lives. I am poetic and often enjoy the arts.
I value integrity and unity in relationships. I am enthusiastic, idealistic, communicative, and sympathetic. I express my feelings easily."


When you do the True Colors test in a group setting, they give you a circle afterward to have you depict your color test results. Les brought home a pie chart which accurately reflected his result. So I pulled out what I had done in my small group to compare. I had drawn a great big blue heart filling up most of the circle, and I filled in smaller bits around it with my other color results. Les couldn't believe it...he thought for sure that as an 'accountant' I would have also done the pie chart....ce la vive!

No comments: