Monday, August 23, 2004

Feeling like a princess...

Remember the story of The Princess and the Pea and how high the mattresses were stacked? Remember how in the movies about princesses, they always have these very high beds (or at least high to 5'2" little ol' me!) Well, I now need a step stool myself to get into our bed.

Les & I have been looking for a headboard and bedframe ever since we got married, but usually everything we liked was too much money, so we kept putting it off. Well, last week, we went looking again and Les bought me this beautiful medium oak bed frame with headboard and footboard. It is really lovely. He negotiated an awesome deal on it too, and we set it up on Friday night. You wouldn't believe how high the mattress is... I think it's at least as high as my waist?! (Of course, at 6'4", it isn't quite as high on Les). They never look that high in the pictures?! Les says I need one of those springboards that the gymnists use when mounting the balance beam just to get into bed! But I love it! It's so nice to finally have a frame as the mattress and boxspring no longer shift as much, and I just feel like a princess laying in our new bed! :)

(I couldn't find a picture to post...but it's something like this one, except a nice rich wood with slats and a thick frame.)

No comments: