Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Inspired by Donna, here is a list of 10 things you may not know about me:

  1. I cracked my right wrist in grade 8 throwing shotput.
  2. I was a candy-striper at the hospital all through high school. I preferred to work on the geriatric ward, and didn't care to work on the broken bone ward (got too shy around all those high school jocks in traction).
  3. I am actually a pretty shy person (until I know people).
  4. I took organ lessons for years and years. I wanted piano lessons, but we had an organ.
  5. I took voice lessons in Regina while I was articling for my CA and told nobody who could possibly come about my recitals.
  6. When I was 11 I decided that I wanted to be a child psychologist when I grew up so 'no child would be as misunderstood as me.'
  7. When I'm laughing really hard, you know, the kind where you can't stop and your breathe starts to get short, I involuntarily wave my right hand in front of my face to try and catch my breathe. (I don't think it works, but it does amuse my longest living friend, Caroline, who teases me mercilessly about it!)
  8. I grew up performing concerts in my bedroom to imaginary audiences. I would sing into my hair brush...and later my highlighter pen. I still do this sometimes when I'm alone in the car (without the microphone prop, of course).
  9. I enjoy watching weighlifting at the Olympics.
  10. When I'm really hungry and don't have time to make something, I like to eat a spoonful of peanut butter straight from the jar.

No comments: