Monday, August 02, 2004

Well tomorrow is back to work for me. I've had the last week off. I haven't really 'done' anything...well I've done things, but normal, routine things...yard work, housework, groceries, cooking, baking...mostly spending time with/taking care of Amanda. Les worked evenings pretty much the whole week. That's actually why I picked this particular week to be off...because if I'm working days and he's working evenings all week, we don't see each other. At least this meant we got to see each other each day. I'm trying to enjoy my last day...not rush it. So far I've done my workout and a bunch of laundry...exciting, I know!

Yesterday, after picking up some groceries, we went for a drive and saw some new houses. All that did (and all that ever does, for me) is make me love our home more. They say that 'home is where the heart is'...my heart is so at home, it's hard to think about going back to work again. I know all will be well though, just am praying that I don't get swept away by pressures right away.

One sweet little jewel God gave me this week came on Saturday. I had asked Les if we could leave early for Church on Saturday and stop by Blessings. It had been so long since I'd had a chance to take a look there. I used to be in bookstores and buying books or music quite regularly...now, it's a very special treat to go and look, and God had an extra jewel for me there on Saturday. I've been wanting Brennan Manning's 'Ragamuffin Gospel' for quite some time, and I found it in the used books along with a daily devotional, also by Manning. The combined price of the two books was less than either one of them would have been new. I haven't had much time to read yet, but I have cracked the spines and am enjoying what I see. God is so good to us:)

No comments: