Saturday, May 20, 2006

Rasberry Chill

In the comments for my TT, I was asked for the recipe, so here it is:)

Crust:
1 1/4 cups oreo crumps
1/4 cup melted marg
Combine crumps and melted marg in a bowl and then press into a springform pan and chill.

Filling:
1 pkg rasberry gelatin (I use sugar free; also you can use any flavour you want really)
1 cup ricotta cheese
1 pkg (8 oz) of cream cheese, softened (I used light cc)
1/4 cup sugar (I use splenda)
1 container of frozen whipped topping (I use low fat and low sugar)
1/2 cup rasberries (optional)
In a bowl, stir gelatin and 2/3 cup boiling water for 2 minutes; cool.
In a food processor (I don't have one so I either use the blender or my hand mixer...takes more effort with the hand mixer, but comes out ok in the end); blend gelatin, cheeses and sugar for 2 minutes (longer if using a hand mixer). Fold in 2 cups of whipped topping. Add to pan. Chill 2 hours. Add remaining topping and fruit to garnish (it's nice without the fruit too).

I sometimes double the filling recipe if I'm using a larger springform pan. The recipe is meant for an 8 inch. If I'm doing a 10 inch or larger, I increase the recipe.

Before reducing the sugar in this recipe and cutting back on fat it is about 340 calories per piece (and 32 g of carb and 8 g of protein)...so even without reducing the sugar and fat it isn't too bad for a dessert. Enjoy!

No comments: