Saturday, March 06, 2004

Best of Friends!

A week ago this morning, I was running around the house putting finishing touches on Amanda's birthday party. The girls came in the afternoon. Just 4 of them were able to make it, but I was struck by what wonderful girls they all are. I am so thankful for God bringing such wonderful girls into our daughter's life!

Right from the moment Amanda moved here, there was one girl especially who reached out to her, and with whom there was instant connection...Aurora!
It makes me think of Anne (of Green Gables of course):

"Marilla," Anne said presently, "do you think that I
shall ever have a bosom friend in Avonlea?"

"A--a what kind of friend?" asked Marilla.

"A bosom friend--an intimate friend, you know--a really
kindred spirit to whom I can confide my inmost soul. I've
dreamed of meeting her all my life. I never really supposed
I would, but so many of my loveliest dreams have come true
all at once that perhaps this one will, too."


Here they are...Princess Amanda and Princess Aurora!!

No comments: