Tuesday, March 16, 2004

Things I'm Looking Forward To:

1. March 26th...date with my husband to see Starsky & Hutch (and have dinner too, right?)
2. April 29th - May 2nd...tentative dates for romantic getaway...this will be the first time that we've ever gotten away together in the year and half we've been married (I guess a sort of honeymoon?!)
3. June 16th...Les' classes are done..celebratory lunch at Tony Romas...weekend following will be date weekend!!
4. October 24th...Carolyn Arends concert!

I love to nurture my husband and daughter! I love to do things to take care of them like making dinner each day! I love that our family sits down at the table together for supper almost every night (unless Les is working)! I wouldn't have it any other way. But every once in a while, I guess I'm learning, that I need a break, and as long as I'm in my home environment, I don't take one. I just naturally want to do the things I do to care for my loved ones (cooking, laundry, cleaning, reading, making lunches, helping, spending time at their sides....). I don't like that sometimes doing these very things that I love wears me down, but it does (especially on top of my job). At those times, I need things to look forward to...some of which I've listed above.

My oh-so-debonair and absolutely-wonderful husband noticed what I needed this weekend, and made room in his schedule for us to go away at the end of April! I didn't realize until it started to come together just how much I needed it, but the only way that I will set aside my doing is if we go away (and I used to think I was more Mary than Martha?!! ...I still am, I know I still am, and this getaway will restore that balance:)

Here are the words to a song I've been singing since I was making supper on Sunday (it's a song that I often sing while I'm busy in the kitchen)....the words are a little bit intimate, but really capture what I feel about nurturing my family...and especially about loving my husband and making him happy:)

Happy
- Amy Grant

I want to look behind your eyes
And gently brush the hair back from your face
'Cause, baby, I just realized
Seeing you there in that light
It's better to be kind than right
And I'm about to bridge this kiss between us

'Cause, baby, I'm ready to dig in
Ready for more than skin on skin
This is where love begins
So I say
I'm gonna tell you you're my man
'Cause it makes you happy
I wanna rush to hold your hand
You know it makes me happy
I'm gonna love you best I can
'Cause I know it makes you happy


I know I've made some big mistakes
I've learned the hardest lessons that way
So adios to foolish pride
I've got nothin' left to hide
I stand here open wide
And ev'rything inside of me is sayin'...

Baby, I'm ready to dig in
Ready for more than skin on skin
This is where love begins
So I say
I'm gonna tell you you're my man
'Cause it makes you happy
I wanna rush to hold your hand
It makes me feel happy
I'm gonna love you best I can
'Cause I know it makes you happy


And I wanna see you happy
I want us to be happy

I wanna hear you laugh
And I love your smile
'Cause that's what makes me happy
And I want us to be happy


I wanna rush to hold your hand
I'm gonna love you best I can
'Cause I know it makes you happy

No comments: