Monday, March 29, 2004

Today's a tough day...

...so in honour of that, I'm going to share a two pieces of inspiration that I have on post-it-notes (where only I can see them) in my office.

The first is some wisdom that I got from Donna Nakrayko's blog months ago...it helped me alot the day I first read it, and it's big for me again today...good advice for us all...

"Remember to put the shield of the Lord around me daily thus not letting the arrows pointed at me pierce my heart but to reflect off because of the Lord's love about me."

The second is from an unknown source:

"When you relinquish the desire to control your future, you obtain happiness."


Also, I was reminded in my devotion last night of this quote from Amy Carmichael:

"A crucified life cannot be self-assertive. It cannot protect itself. It cannot be startled into resentful words. The cup that is full of sweet water cannot spill bitter-tasting drops, however sharply it is knocked."

No comments: