Friday, March 05, 2004

Went on a date last night...

My husband and I went out for supper last night to Kelseys (mmm shrimp pasta) and then to the Steve Bell concert. This was the second time I had seen Steve Bell. This time he had an accoustic band and his daughter with him. It was all good. The last time I saw him, it was just he and his accoustic guitar...although at times it sounded like there were 2 or 3 guitars...he's very talented. My favourite number he did last night was one Carolyn Arends wrote called "Getting Ready for Glory" it's a story of his grandmother in her latter days. One other thing that really touched me was when he and his daughter sang "Come back to me". This song is one that I sang growing up in the Catholic tradition...I miss some of that music and loved to hear this one revived. Here are the words:


Hosea (Come Back to Me) - Gregory Norbet OSB

Come back to me with all your heart
Don’t let fear keep us apart
Trees do bend though straight and tall
So must we to others call

Long have I waited for
Your coming home to me
And living deeply our new life

The wilderness will lead you
To the place where I will speak
Integrity and justice
With tenderness
You shall know

You shall sleep secure with peace
Faithfulness will be your joy


You can listen to snippets of these songs on Steve's website.


The real surprise of the night was Steve's opening act...Jacob Moon...we had never heard of him before. He was phenomenal...great guitar playing, and since my husband is the best guitar player...well, we really enjoyed Jacob!

No comments: